The Northern Illinois Home Builders Association Arbitration Program provides a service arbitrating disputes between contractors and home buyers/owners. It is intended to offer an alternative to legal action and help resolve disputes in less time and at lower cost to both parties. It falls under and complies with the State of Illinois Uniform Arbitration Act and is recognized by the State of Illinois court system.
Why You Should Use NIHBA Arbitration
- Builder-Buyer disputes can be resolved quickly, fairly and inexpensively.
- Experienced Builders serve as arbitrators.
- All arbitration rulings are confidential and are not made public.
- Arbitration saves you thousands of dollars in legal fees and court costs.
- The NIHBA Arbitration Program has been upheld by the Illinois Supreme Court.
To learn more about NIHBA Arbitration and determine if your builder is eligible contact the NIHBA office. You will be provided with an information form to complete and return. Once you receive confirmation of eligibility, please download and review the Arbitration rules and procedures below.